Saturday 30 April 2016

Stacking the Shelves Saturday

Stacking the Shelves


I recently found this fun idea hosted by Tynga's Reviews and thought it would be a cool idea to share my new additions each week.  There are usually far too many, courtesy of time spent volunteering at Books for Amnesty  and, more hours than can possibly be good for me, rummaging in second-hand bookshops.  So, here are the newbies for this week...




I am a huge fan of the literature of, and anything related to, the far east....as you can see from these;

The Goddess Chronicle by Natsuo Kirino
Pinball/Hear the Wind Sing by Haruki Murakami 
The Ten Thousand Things by John Spurling




Great Jones Street by Don Delillo is more of a personal challenge as I find his work incredibly thought provoking.  
Sum by David Eagleman is a brilliant collection of short stories that I would highly recommend.  Good to have it back on my shelves.




The Theodore Sturgeon collection was on offer in a local bookshop and just too good to pass up.  I was really pleased to find A Strange Manuscript Found in a Copper Cylinder James De Mille - one I've been looking for ages - considered to be a pioneer of the science fiction genre.


And last, but definitely not least...




.....this beautiful addition of The Secret Garden.  Simply because I collect this type of book and it will look superb along with my Wind in the Willows, Canterbury Tales among many.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Stacking Shelves meme. Ooo, The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fly is one I want to read. Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Stacking Shelves Meme. I hope you enjoy all your new books. Love it when I get beautiful editions of books that I love. Now following you via bloglovin.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man - I love the pretty/historical books as well, so I am jealous of your Secret Garden find.
    Bambi's STS and Recap

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like some wonderful books. Have a great time reading them.

    ReplyDelete