Saturday 7 May 2016

Stacking The Shelves (#2)



As I am trying to catch up on some reading for reviews at the moment I did try to be good this week....not quite as many as normal.




Gutenberg's Apprentice by Alix Christie
Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks
Snakes & Earrings by Hitomi Kanehara

Gutenberg's Apprentice is there simply because it sounded so interesting.  The Iain M. Banks was given to me by a friend - something I have been meaning to read for ages but never seem to get around to picking it up. Snakes & Earrings satisfies my Japanese literature craving for this week.




The Anchoress by Robyn Cadwallader
The Vegetarian by Han Kang
Calamity by Brandon Sanderson

I saw The Anchoress in a local bookshop and couldn't resist though it is definitely an unknown. The Vegetarian is one I have been reading about for quite a while and finally decided to take the plunge - an amazing novel so far. Calamity is one I have been counting down the days for as the first two in the Reckoners trilogy were so good I just had to have this one.




Lingua Franca by William Thacker

This one is due to be published on the 16th May and will be my review for Friday.

1 comment:

  1. All your books are new to me. I hope you enjoy them. They do sound interesting.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete